The Vineyard Hotel is a 7-acre riverside garden estate residing on the eastern slopes of Table Mountain, just around the corner and over the hill from the city. What started as a country cottage, built among vineyards by legendary Georgian, Lady Anne Barnard, is today a 208-room luxury hotel.
The Vineyard story spans more than two centuries. From the humble beginnings as a country cottage in 1799, and since then as urban residence and 120 year-old hotel, has over time welcomed statesmen, artists, celebrities, Nobel laureates and countless global visitors, served today by our 300-strong, multi-cultural, Vineyard family.
Situated the lush, leafy Newlands, the Vineyard Hotel is mere minutes away from the Cape Town city centre, Waterfront and Sea Point promenade. You can take a stroll to the nearby Cavendish Square shopping mall or go wine-tasting in Constantia, host to some of South Africa’s oldest wine farms.
The four-star Vineyard Hotel prides itself on world-class service and facilities, but is focused on keeping a homely family atmosphere.
However, the Vineyard’s service extends beyond keeping guests satisfied. The Vineyard is also an award-winning leader in ‘Responsible Hoteling’ and a certified member of Fair Trade Tourism.
Its social upliftment project extends to less advantaged Cape communities, where their Kids of the Cape Fund assists some 15 upliftment projects that provide child/youth refuge and care, education, skills-training, feeding and care of the disabled. Run by elected Hotel volunteers, the Fund also receives vital contributions from guests.
Mountain (20 x standard, 20 x deluxe, 2 luxury)
Mountain accommodations, on three floors overlooking our lawns and gardens, have unique views of the eastern slopes of Table Mountain. These are some of the hotel’s most requested ‘rooms with a view’! All rooms have king size or twin beds and vary in size from 30sqm upwards.
Cottages x 6
Set on both sides of the Liesbeek River, with views that take in our riverbank gardens, bridges and the terraced slopes of the Hotel manor house. Cottages are spacious apartment-style ground level or 1st-floor units. Ideal for extended stays or families, all units have 2 bedrooms, with 1 king and 1 twin bed, and 2 bathrooms with showers. The cottages feature a kitchenette, as well as a dining/lounge area and either a balcony or patio with table and chairs or loungers.
Suites x 26
The Vineyard Hotel’s Luxury Suite and Junior Suite accommodations are located in some of the hotel’s loveliest settings and offer spaciously-designed multi-room and open-plan interiors, separate en suite, lounge and living areas and feature either private sundecks, balconies or multiple-window views. All rooms have king size or twin beds and vary in size from 55sqm to 85sqm.
Courtyard x 114
Courtyard accommodations, on three floors off the Hotel Foyer, are set amidst the lush green of our courtyard garden. Tree ferns, clivias and other shade-loving species thrive alongside water courses, ponds and fountains that flow throughout this tranquil space. All rooms have king size or twin beds and vary in size from 30sqm upwards. Interleading rooms are also available.
On Site Facilities
- Secure parking
- Indoor & outdoor pools
- 2 (award-winning) restaurants, 1 lounge and 2 cocktail cafes
- Gym & fitness training
- Guided garden walks and afternoon tea
- Children’s activities
- Kids’ movies and games room
- Mobile connectivity
- Conference centre
- Events and weddings facility and catering
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting service
- Laundry service
- Free wi-fi
- Free local landline calls
- International direct dialling
- Reception has some mobile chargers for emergencies
- Tea/coffee making facility
- Nespresso machines
- Stocked mini-bar
- Bottled water
- 24-hour room service
- Dressing gowns
- Bathing toiletries & hairdryer
- Ironing facility in some rooms
- Pillow-types on request
- Evening turn-down service
- Flat screen remote control colour TV set(s)
- Satellite TV
- Seasonal channels menu provided at turn-down
- Electronic wall safe
- Secure valet parking
- 24-hr perimeter security
- Temporary luggage storage at reception
From Cape Town International Airport
- After leaving the airport, follow the sign to the N2 in the direction of Cape Town
- Follow the signs to M3/Muizenberg. Follow the M3 past the University of Cape Town and past Newlands Forest
- Continue through the first set of traffic lights, keeping in the left hand lane. When approaching the Shell garage, keep left and follow the road to Claremont
- At the traffic circle take the first turn left (to Claremont onto Protea road) After 300 metres, the Vineyard Hotel will be on your left. Where the road forks, take the left fork in front of the cricket oval into Colinton road. The hotel is on your left.